Free Money Resolutions Course

Lately, I’ve been hearing from a lot of people looking for a complete refresh in 2017.

It’s been that kind of year.

Whether you’re feeling overwhelmed by debt, not enough savings, a job you hate, or just want to afford a modest vacation, I know how you feel.

Three years ago I was depressed, burnt out, and desperate to get out of my dead-end career. I knew I needed to stop promoting concerts, but the long hours, travel, and stress left little time or energy to craft an exit strategy.

To make matters worse, I was regularly living above my means—buying designer clothes, partying multiple nights a week, and taking trips I couldn’t afford.

My mid-twenties was a blur of working too much with very little to show for it. But truth was, I spent too much time complaining and no time taking action.

That’s how Cashville Skyline was born.

Three years ago, I started Cashville Skyline to take back control of my money.

Breaking bad habits is never easy, but you can make progress a lot sooner than you think.

By slashing my expenses, I managed to save 45-50% of everything I earned for over a year. Getting my finances in order helped me quit my job and change careers.

By keeping my expenses low and side hustling, I rebuilt my emergency fund within a year. These two moves helped me survive a job layoff this year.

Now, I’m a self-employed freelance writer, blogger, and social media consultant working toward my dream of becoming a CERTIFIED FINANCIAL PLANNER®.

It’s never too late to change your life.

Are you ready to make meaningful changes in 2017?

Do you want to start the year off right with actionable advice?

That’s why I’m launching a FREE, seven day Money Resolutions Course!

Once you have signed up, you will receive one lesson per day by email on these topics:

• Establishing a budget
  • Calculating your net worth
  • Paying off debt
  • Improving your credit score
  • Saving more money
  • Building an emergency fund
  • How to start investing

I’m sharing my favorite tips and tools for a healthier financial life.

Here’s what students are saying:

“Cashville Skyline’s 7 Day Money Resolutions course is just what I needed to take the first key steps toward where I want to be financially. The format makes it easy to work out assignments at your own pace, while still making progress on your core financial goals. In just a few days, I have a better sense of my net worth, have clear saving goals, and have the tools and strategies to work toward them in the coming months.”

– Lauren D., Marketing Manager

“Kate isn’t just another personal finance expert preaching about money—she’s actually proven these tactics work in her own life.

As a recent student in her Money Resolutions course, I learned a ton of actionable tips about budgeting, paying off debt, saving money, building an emergency fund, and more!

I was really nervous to get started, but Kate provided the tools to dive in immediately. She made complicated topics easier to understand and fun. I am looking forward to enrolling in her next course!”

– Emily A., Nutritionist & Entrepreneur

The course is FREE, so you have nothing to lose by signing up.

Once you have joined the Money Resolutions Course, I want to know:

What is your number one money resolution for 2017?

My money resolution is to hack credit cards rewards for international travel next year.

Readers: What are your top money goals for the New Year?

• Tonya@Budget and the Beach December 11, 2016 on 10:22 am

That’s awesome Kate! I’ll share this with my readers! My money resolution for 2017 is to raise my net worth at least 50k (and trying not to live like a hermit in the meantime). 🙂

• Kate Dore Tonya@Budget and the Beach December 15, 2016 on 8:06 pm

Nice, Tonya! Thank you so much for sharing. Raising your net worth by $50K is a killer goal.

• Carol December 12, 2016 on 8:23 am

Hi Kate, I just signed up! My top money resolution is to decrease my “shopping” expenses; i.e. things I don’t need. My close second is to find one way to earn money in addition to my existing ones, that does not add undue stress to my life.

• Kate Dore Carol December 15, 2016 on 8:05 pm

Awesome, Carol. Happy you have joined! Those are excellent money resolutions.

• Natalie @ NatalieBacon.com December 19, 2016 on 7:58 am

Yay! I love reading about all your success. Way to go gf!!

• Kate Dore Natalie @ NatalieBacon.com December 19, 2016 on 8:05 am

Thanks so much for the encouragement, Natalie!

• Amanda December 21, 2016 on 1:12 am

Hi Kate. My top money resolution is to pay down my credit card debt I have basically been avoiding this year since my split with my daughters father. I also want to get control over my monthly expenses and being smart about my money.

• Kate Dore Amanda December 21, 2016 on 9:48 am

Getting rid of high-interest credit card debt is a great goal, Amanda! I’m really happy you’ve joined the course.

• Sanjib Saha December 22, 2016 on 11:20 am

I have been indolent for past couple of years, and that’s probably because I’m like 23. But I think it’s time for me to come up with a solution for a complicated problem which has always been an issue for my buddies and me. Next year is going to special because I’m going to move out of my comfort zone and take responsibilities and turn that into revenue as well.
    Thank you kate for encouraging somebody, who wants to learn.

• Kate Dore Sanjib Saha December 22, 2016 on 11:27 am

Awesome, Sanjib! You’re certainly ahead of where I was at 23 🙂

• Alexis @FITnancials December 24, 2016 on 3:54 pm

I love this post! I’m going to share it on my FaceBook. I’m working on cutting purchases that consist of just “stuff” that pile up in my house. I’m working on minimalism (after seeing The Minimalist documentary) and I’ve already saved a lot of money!

• Kate Dore Alexis @FITnancials December 26, 2016 on 9:53 am

Thanks so much for sharing, Alexis! I loved The Minimalists documentary, too. I’d love to cut down to wardrobe of just 7-10 outfits I really love. I have too many things I never wear.